Since every other blogger is making lists of things they are grateful for, here is mine. When reading this, keep in mind that this is not to say I am not grateful for my friends, and family, and all of the wonderful opportunities I have gotten. I am. But everyone already knows this. There are so many small things each day, that I don’t always stop to acknowledge, for which I am also grateful. And here are fourteen of them.
10. I am grateful that none of my kids or cats have thrown up on me in the last week. Small victories.
11. I am thankful to whoever invented cake frosting in a can. I cannot thank you enough.
12. I am thankful for BeBe, a brand that has been clothing me for over a decade, and makes dresses so tight that even if I were to gain weight, you couldn’t tell.
13. I am thankful for friends who will be honest enough to one day tell me to stop wearing skanky dresses.
14. I am grateful for my bed, that I don’t see as often as I should, but which I think about and miss every waking moment.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I have several friends with small children, and it has occurred to me that they believe at Thanksgiving tomorrow evening they will be having dinner with extended family and friends. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but children younger than four (and sometimes older), will not sit through an entire Thanksgiving dinner. Or any dinner for that matter.