Since every other blogger is making lists of things they are grateful for, here is mine. When reading this, keep in mind that this is not to say I am not grateful for my friends, and family, and all of the wonderful opportunities I have gotten. I am. But everyone already knows this. There are so many small things each day, that I don’t always stop to acknowledge, for which I am also grateful. And here are fourteen of them.
1. I am thankful that my children don’t yet know how to tell time, so bed time is whenever I am too tired to continue the day.
2. I am grateful that my friends haven’t yet figured out that I don’t know what I am doing half the time, or if they have, that they have kindly kept it to themselves.
3. Dry shampoo. Very grateful.
4. I am thankful my daughter obviously inherited my genes and now owns over a dozen pairs of shoes (which, for a three year old, is very impressive).
5. I am thankful for just about anything with caffeine in it.
6. I am grateful to the make-up companies that created 16-hour everlasting beauty products because it makes me feel like I am not the only person who actually has days that last long enough to require these types of products.
7. I am thankful for the people at Smirnoff. They do good work.
8. I am thankful for writers, who shall remain nameless, and who created works so purposefully difficult and practically unintelligible, that, should I ever wish to torment my students, would more than serve the purpose.
9. I am thankful that my children are at the age where my biggest problem is that they can’t find their juice bottles.
10. I am grateful that none of my kids or cats have thrown up on me in the last week. Small victories.
11. I am thankful to whoever invented cake frosting in a can. I cannot thank you enough.
12. I am thankful for BeBe, a brand that has been clothing me for over a decade, and makes dresses so tight that even if I were to gain weight, you couldn’t tell.
13. I am thankful for friends who will be honest enough to one day tell me to stop wearing skanky dresses.
14. I am grateful for my bed, that I don’t see as often as I should, but which I think about and miss every waking moment.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!